Creative City Networks Review and their role supporting creative talent in Scotland’s cities
Creative Scotland and each of the Creative City Networks, Creative Dundee, Creative Edinburgh and Creative Stirling, invite you to preview and discuss the recently commissioned mapping review of the networks. The independent networks each offer support for the creative and cultural sectors, through industry events, online profiling and delivering partnership projects.
This review was carried out by economic and social research company, EKOS to better understand each of the networks and their distinctive characteristics - their focus, size, objectives and impacts - tailored to the needs of each city. We now invite you to this session to hear the findings of this review for the first time and explore how creative place networks:
- can be led, delivered and 'owned' by the sector
- discuss the successes and the challenges of running the networks
- highlight the positive contributions for the cities creative/cultural profiles
- consider the value of collaboration and partnerships at local and national levels
- focus on how this learning can be shared to benefit more of Scotland's creative communities.
We look forward to discussing the unique potential which creative networks hold to provide social, cultural and economic benefits for Scotland, locally and nationally.
Free to attend, but please register in advance (deadline: Thursday 10 July 2014 at 13:00):